Thanks to Vertly, cannabis is making a big entry into the beauty community.
This is not the type of brand that we would normally review at our website. It doesn’t sell weed, and it doesn’t develop revolutionary strains. However, it’s equally as important to marijuana lovers, since it makes weed acceptable to a larger community of people.
If you search for Vertly reviews, you’ll find them on many beauty forums and blogs. The lip balms, in particular, are favorite among the gurus in the cosmetics industry.
But it’s not just about beauty with Vertly. The brand uses cosmetic products, such as lip butter and lip balm, to introduce CBD in the lives of everyone. These products don’t get people high. However, they promote CBD as a harmless ingredient with immense health benefits. When the users see evidence of how weed can transform their skin, they realize what a wonder of Nature it is.
The use of topical products infused by CBD have impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Each Vertly product has a varying content of CBD, depending on its use.
Let’s get into it, shall we?
We tested a few products and researched the brand, so we have a lot of information to share.
Brand Name and Slogan
Vertly is a family-owned company. Zander and Claudia had a dream to produce consciously sourced, 100% clean products that would use the knowledge and expertise of California-based farmers and herbalists.
Cannabis is not the only active ingredient in their items. They use many other herbs, which have beneficial effects when applied topically. The brand became known for its beauty products, but it doesn’t limit its production there. There are also pain-relief products, which can relieve muscle pain and pain caused by inflammation and injury.
The brand’s slogan pretty much captures its point: “Nutrient-Rich CBD Skincare with Freshly Extracted Botanicals.”
And yes; the founders are very proud of the fact that all products are sourced and made in California.
What’s Unique about Vertly?
Let’s be honest: it’s not like Vertly invented the wheel.
Cannabis has been an ingredient in cosmetics and pain-relief topical products for quite some time. By 2025, the cannabis beauty industry is expected to be valued up to $166 billion. This is a small brand within that industry. But it’s an important one.
Vertly’s uniqueness comes from the fact that it’s a local, family-owned small business. It’s a great inspiration for people interested in organic beauty products to start their own brands.
The company uses a slow-extraction process, which results with high-quality ingredients. The founders are focused on creating new products by the day.
Here’s more Vertly info, which will help you understand the brand:
The Vertly laboratory is located in Northern California. All ingredients are fresh, and they come directly from the production of Californian herbalists and farmers.
History of the company
The company was founded in 2017 by Zander Gladish and Claudia Mata. Both of them have been involved in the wellness industry for many years. Zandar has experience with nutrition and yoga coaching. Claudia contributed to the brand’s development through her extensive education in herbalism.
What category of products does the company produce?
Vertly produces topical products infused with CBD. Some of them include:
- Lip butter
- Soothing florals face mist
- Face serum
- Relief lotion
- Bath salt
As soon as Vertly introduced its CBD-infused lip balms, it went mainstream in the beauty industry. We’re seeing Instagram influencers promoting the product all the time. It got impressive reviews on Allure, Byrdie, Popsugar, and other authoritative sites in the beauty industry.
Vertly does not publish official lab results regarding its products. However, we get clean information about the contents of CBD and all other ingredients. Each product contains a different level of CBD, depending on its purpose. In the body lotion and lip balm, CBD is treated as a vitamin and provided in lower amounts. As for the Relief Lotion, it’s more concentrated, so it can target inflammation in the body.
Innovations of the Vertly Brand
Vertly uses full-spectrum hemp oil in its products. They source the hemp extract locally, and they disclose that it contains CBD (Cannabidiol) CBC (Cannabichromene), CBN (Cannabinol), CBG (Cannabigerol), essential amino acids, flavonoids, and terpenes.
Not many CBD-infused beauty products contain the full spectrum. Terpenes, in particular, are rarely used in topical products. That’s what makes Vertly’s products unique among competitors.
Allow us to clarify: you cannot get high from any of Vertly’s products. They contain almost undetectable levels of THC. The CBD is sourced from industrial hemp, which is completely legal to use in beauty products intended for mass sales.
These are the top 3 Vertly CBD products:
Vertly Hemp Infused Lip Butter
This product is so popular that the company often offers discounts for more people to try it.
- It comes in a stick page of 50 mg ($24) or a pot of 25 mg ($22).
- It’s available as a rose-tinted product or as a colorless balm with a peppermint scent.
- The product contains full-spectrum CBD combined with other natural ingredients, such as hemp seed oil, jojoba, cacao butter, shea butter, and more.
- It’s used just like any other lip balm. You cannot get high by licking it off your lips, so it’s completely safe to include in any beauty regimen.
- It’s a cruelty-free product. It’s not intended to treat or prevent any illness.
- In terms of its reliability, it does what it needs to do. It softens the lips.
CBD Infused Relief Lotion
- The product comes in a 2.9 oz packaging with a pump. It costs $48. If you use Nordstrom or another popular online retailer, you can get a coupon to reduce the price.
- This is a concentrated lotion that nourishes and heals the skin, but the muscles as well. It’s great for strained muscles after challenging exercise.
- The product is THC-free, and it contains adequate levels of CBD use for pain-relief properties.
- It is not to be used by children under the age of 18. The users can rely on it daily, but they shouldn’t use it on damaged skin. It’s used like any other massage lotion.
- You shouldn’t expect wonders. The product is not intended to treat any serious conditions with the muscles and bones. It offers a temporary relief from mild strains.
Cooling Workout Recovery Body Spray
Did you already see this tiny spray packed in people’s workout equipment? It’s getting more common.
- It comes in a spray packaging with 59 ml (2 oz) of product in it. It costs $45.
- The spray has a cooling effect on the body. It instantly relaxes the muscles. It smells like a beautiful cocktail of lemongrass and lavender.
- The spray does not contain THC. It contains 125 mg of full-spectrum CBD.
- The product is intended for liberal use after exercise. The user should spray it on muscles that got especially strained during the workout.
- This is one of Vertly’s finest products. It contains enough CBD to provide an effective relief. There’s no active discount code at the moment, but you can keep checking out the official website for any offers.
Pros and Cons of Vertly
We have only good things to say about Vertly’s products. They are gentle on the skin, but effective enough to give us the benefits of CBD. The combination with other organic ingredients makes the products completely safe to use on the skin. There are no artificial chemicals here; only the force of Nature.
The prices are slightly high for the average buyer. That’s the only negative aspect of our Vertly company review. However, we should keep in mind that this is a local Californian business, so we should support it as such.
Since the products are not medicine, they haven’t been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to treat, prevent, or diagnose any disease.
- Website: https://www.vertlybalm.com/home/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VERTLYBALM/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vertlybalm/?hl=en
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Vertly is a lovely company that’s bringing innovations in the beauty industry. It makes CBD a more acceptable ingredient for a wider audience. It’s very popular on Instagram, where influencers recommend through stories, posts, and in-depth reviews.
It’s a small brand with a lot of potential. Its high-quality products look promising, and the range is constantly being upgraded with new launches.
We particularly loved the Cooling Recovery Body Workout Spray. The lip balms are a staple in many beauty gurus’ collections.
To wrap up this company overview, we’ll just say that the products are safe to use. They won’t get you high, but they will do what they are intended to do.